Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Unfailing Companion-- Part 1

Books, they say, are our best friends. And best friends stand by us come what may, and never let us down. Books, I discovered, are my best friends too, my truest, most unfailing companions :)

Situation 1: Classroom, Boring lecture in progress

Imagine a situation, where you are compelled to sit through a lecture on an extremely lethargic subject like Indian Management Thoughts and Practices. With huge efforts I was trying to concentrate on what the prof was trying to say but invariably my mind started wandering, i began stifling monstrous yawns and my eyelids start drooping. But hey!! I cannot sleep in class, can I? Who wants to get caught sleeping midway through a lecture... because that is like the surest way to drawing not just the professors but the entire class's attention to you. Neither could I chat or play my i-pod, lest I be caught :(

And then I remembered, I had an old Archie somewhere in my backpack :D
Honestly, it is very easy to camouflage an Archie within a huge Management volume, pretend that you are listening and taking notes/marking points and still have the time of your life hanging out with Archie and his Gang at Pop Tates ;)

And boy, did the time fly by!!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Good blog there! A proper book review would be nice. I mean one blog post reviewing on book. Also why don't you link up to other blogs? Also pls note that commenting is a pain in 'blogspot'.

    Vijayakrishna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment didn't capture my details fully. Mail: vjkrgn@gmail.com. Blog: www.vjkrgn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know what an archie is!!!
    I could not find a translation :-(
    but I think its very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pia!! Archie is a comic book... more popularly known as Archie and Gang!! it is one of my favoruite and i am sure you will love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember imtp,entrepreneurship lecs..DAMN ..i used to read paperbacks in those lecs! :P ps..read this book "breathless in bombay" by murzbanf shroff..a good read!

    ReplyDelete