Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't judge a Book by its Movie

"Don't judge a Book by its Movie" --- so said the bookmark at Crossword. And I could not help agree more!
I remember the time when I was watching Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and at least 10 times throughout the movie i was wondering "Heck, was this even there in the book?"
The plot was put on a complete fast forward mode, characters were ruthlessly omitted and seriously the Quidditch Matches in the movie did not give me the goosebumps like those in the book.
But then there are exceptions everywhere, and so even here. If me and you think likewise about the whole books into movies trend, then I suggest you have a look at the below list. It took me quite some time to figure out this list, but I feel it was worth all the effort.
Here are 3 Books-made-into-movies, which are worth a watch, simply because they succeed in bringing on the big screen, the original charm and beauty of the plot and the characters, without spoiling its "True Feel". At least now I am satisfied to know that sometimes, just sometimes, it is OK to Judge a Book by its Movie

The Blue Umbrella: Adapted from the story of the same name by Ruskin Bond, this movie is charming, touching and original. Watch out for the rock solid performance by Pankaj Kapoor.

Marley and Me: Adapted from the book of the same name, it tells us the story of the author and his life with his badly behaved dog Marley. The movie rarely strays from what is there in the book, is delightful, funny and tender. Must watch movie for all dog lovers, I bet you will hug your doggie endlessly while watching Marley & Me.

Godfather: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Mafia and Francis Ford Coppola---- sheer genius.



































1 comment: