Monday, January 17, 2011

A 23 year old Love Affair



A love affair always begins with something simple and harmless-- a simple look, a small conversation, even a seemingly minuscule hello!! An then it turns into something that is all encompassing, passionate and unforgettable!!


Mine began with something as simple and harmless as a Birthday gift... a First Birthday gift to be more precise.

While most parents would pamper their kids silly with toys, clothes and other such goodies, mine decided to give me a set of Childcraft-- 16 volumes covering everything that a child should know-- History, Geography, Biology, Maths, Literature, Art and Cultures + an Atlas and a Dictionary.

Those 16 books where the first ever books that i owned as a year old toddler, the first books from which I learnt to read, the very first Dictionary that I learnt to refer to. They were the truest companions when introvert little Miss Bookworm preferred staying at home than play Hide-n-Seek.

They say you should have something that you are passionate about in life, because Passion makes the world go around!
23 years ago unknowingly I found my Passion :)

My dearest Set of Childcraft .... Here's to You :)






4 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh....even i have retained my set of the entire Childcraft series.... Happy Happy Happy... :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember in school we were given National Geographic and select books of James Hadley Chase and Hardy boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Viraj: they are the best way to get someone, esp a child to read :) :)
    @ Sundeep: aaahh yessss... and even Nancy Drew!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to visiting my blog!
    Here in Brazil we talk portuguese...
    If you write in english I will understand!
    I don't have best english, but I can understant it.
    Enjoy TEMPERO MUSICAL blog!
    ;-)
    Regards,
    Claudia Ka.

    ReplyDelete