Sunday, April 24, 2011

10 things You should never say to a Bookworm


We bookworms are an eccentric lot. While it is easy to guess what makes us happy (anything and everything that concerns books :P), you can never know what will tick us off!!

Here is a little help though. My sincere advise: NEVER EVER say any of this to a bookworm.. the repercussions may vary from mild irritation to extreme violence :P

10. My favourite author is Chetan Bhagat/Mills&Boons.

9. I am sorry but I lost the book that you gave me last week.

8. What's with you carrying books in your bag all the time? Aren't there better things to put in your bag?

7. The only books I have read are my school textbooks.

6. I love to make dog-ears in my books!! (seriously dude, haven't you heard of bookmarks??)

5. Yuck!! What are we doing in a bookstore??

4. Once I finish reading a book, i give it in Raddhi/Bhangaar(!!!)

3. I read a book when I want to sleep.

2. There are better things to spend money on.. I would never waste it on books.

1. Books???? Eeeewwwwwww.....!!!!!!! (The consequences of this statement can be fatal)


5 comments:

  1. Incredible! How else can anyone describe a bookworm's feelings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chetan bhagat ain't that bad.. Is he? Sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Woot! From one bookworm to another. I even tried out this same background on my blog for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yash, Pundit: Thanks a lot :D

    Deepika: no he isnt that bad.. but serious readers don't consider his books as good literature..and reading chetan bhagat for us is simply time-pass or casual reading... nothing against him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey..! evn i love to read books....bt frst sentnce is nt fr me... i love chetan's rytng... bt odrs.. i agree...!! spcially mkng dog ears n nt rtrng a book..! it mkes me too violnt..! hahah..

    ReplyDelete